Sunday 27 November 2011

My Residence

Why hello there, fancy seeing you here. You're lucky that you survived the climb all the way to the 5th floor. Sorry about the lack of elevator. Anyway, welcome to my humble abode for the next three months. Come in, come in. Please, make yourself at home - have a seat. Oh, that's right there are no chairs. Well, have a look around...


I'd offer you something to eat or drink, but there isn't anything. Sorry, I purchased an apartment without a kitchen! Oops. Don't worry though, there's a bathroom, I just have to share it with the other two people living on my level.


I just moved in officially today. I'm really going to miss staying with my cousins, because they were really nice and their home was amazingly comfortable, but I'm pretty excited to see how I survive when I'm living by myself.

I went on a trip to IKEA today to purchase some furnishings. Altogether I spent less than $100 and got all my bedding, some storage containers, and a lovely scented candle (to hopefully dim the strange smell left by the last tenant). I had to catch the train there, so I could only take home what I could carry, which is not a lot. So tomorrow I plan on going back and purchasing many, many more items to bring joy into this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment