Monday 21 November 2011

Registration

Today I woke up and decided to attempt to navigate my way downtown to the university to register for my classes. I thought this was going to be an intensely complicated process, so I organised some maps, looked online for info and wrote out the Chinese characters a couple of times in case I got lost and had to use a taxi.

However, it was super easy. The MRT system is amazing and I got there in no time at all. After I registered at NTNU, I had a bunch of stuff to sort out for my scholarship (like setting up a Taiwanese bank account). I caught the MRT to the Immigration Dept. and back to the uni, then to the bank and back to uni once again. After I'd sorted all that out, I met some fellow Aussies while riding an elevator and we purchased some dumplings, and then I caught the MRT home. I can't even believe how easy it was to get around the city using the metro, and all of that only cost me about $2 (plus another $1 for the dumplings). Brisbane needs to get it's act together and just kill off all the people involved in Translink!

Here's a picture of the beautiful system. I'd have taken a photo of myself having the time of my life on there today, but unfortunately I left half of my camera charger at home. It might be a while before I can add some photos :(

2 comments:

  1. How cheap are electicals over there? Might be best to buy a new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a cord that I thought would fit, but it didn't grr... I'll keep looking.

    ReplyDelete