Monday 5 December 2011

Taiwanese Subway



I'm a sandwich artist by trade, so when in a foreign country one of the first things I set out to do is sample some Subway and compare it with the Australian version. It is worth noting that Subway recognises Taiwan as independent of China, so you know, Subway is ahead of the UN. As I approached the restaurant, there was a sign on the door which prohibited cameras. I feel this is highly suspicious. (This is why the images are a little blurry and sneaky looking.)


The Bread
There were five options for breads: Honey Oat and Wheat (the same as in Australia), Parmesan Oregano (which we used to have), and two very strange options: Italian (actually white bread), and Hearty Wheat (I've got no idea).

The Meats
Options which are the same in Australia included: Tuna, Ham, Melt, BMT, Turkey, Roast Chicken and Chicken Teriyaki. They also had something called German Sausage (it looked a little risky). Their Steak and Cheese was completely different looking, kind of like the old shaved steak. Also, their meatballs are called 'Chicken Meatballs' which I'm not entirely sure I believe.

Cheese -  there is only one kind of cheese and it is called 'American Cheese'

They toast all hot subs, and don't really offer toasting for cold subs.

Salads 
The salads were basically the same as the Australian ones, but instead of salad onion they had normal raw brown onion which looked a bit gross really.

Sauces 
I tried the Southwest Sauce and it was actually really different to the Australian version, and I think it was so much nicer!!!

Cookies
Options include: Choc Chip, M&M, White Choc Mac, Oatmeal and Sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment