Saturday 11 February 2012

Books and meatballs

Originally the weather forecast for today was really good, so I was planning on going to Danshui to explore. However, it was really foggy and a bit cool, so instead I decided to just do some shopping. I ended up at Eslite bookstore near Zhongxiao Dunhua MRT. It was amazing! I entered into some kind of overwhelmed daze due to the sheer size and range of this bookstore. It was like being in heaven. I spent several hours there (mostly in the travel and languages sections) and picked up quite a lovely selection of books, including: Taiwan travel guides, a Morocco lonely planet, Easy Reading Arabic, a moleskine to add to my collection, some Jonathan Safran Foer and a guide to Australian language and culture. I honestly have no idea how I managed to forget for a minute that I don't really need an Australian guide, since I'm already fairly familiar with the culture... but it has proved very hilarious and interesting (I'm discovering that lots of things which I thought were just 'normal' are actually uniquely Australian!)

My sister is a Japanese home improvement magazine
Purchases
I went to IKEA for lunch. It was a glorious experience of meatballs and loganberry sauce. Yum.


Overall, it was definitely a wonderful day. Hopefully the weather will one day be nice, and then I can go to Danshui!

No comments:

Post a Comment