Wednesday 22 February 2012

動物園,貓空 The Zoo and MaoKong Gondala


Finally went to the zoo today! Yay!


They have a really exciting section called the Insectarium which had about a million bugs and butterflies all flying through the air. That was great.

Monkeys are my favouriteee :)


The Australian animals area was a bit depressing really. I'm not sure if I was imagining it, but I'm pretty sure all the animals were looking very bored and like they'd rather be walking around Alma Park Zoo instead of being stared at by Taiwanese people.


This emu didn't respond to any of the people yelling 'NI HAO' at him, but I said 'HEY MATE' and he casually strolled over.


The giraffes were impressive, but their enclosure was really small and had an electric fence around it, which made me really uneasy.

Afterwards, I took a ride on the Maokong Gondala. It was a bit anti-climatic really. If I'd gone on a clearer day (haha, what a joke, there is no such thing in Taipei) then I'm sure it would have been nicer. As it was, I could see 101 in the distance and just a whole bunch of boring stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment