Tuesday 31 January 2012

Moustache Beautiful Dimension

I have decided to change my Chinese name. Previously, I was going by 奧麗維 (pronounced ''Ao lee way'') which is basically a transliteration of Olivia (with the ya cut of the end so that it would be three characters). I really dislike this name. Firstly, because it sounds awful and western. Secondly, because Chinese speakers put their surname at the beginning, and Ao isn't my surname, it is just part of my first name which is silly. Thirdly, because I can no longer handle the bullying that I have received from being 奧麗維從澳洲來 (''Ao li wei'' from ''Australia'' - The first character for Australia is pronounced almost the same as the first character of my name, which Chinese speakers seem to find HILARIOUS).

So without further ado, let me introduce myself. I am now 胡麗維 (pronounced Hu lee way). The ''Hu'' coming from Hussey, clearly. It means moustache, which I find completely suitable considering my English surname is also ridiculous. 胡 is a pretty common Chinese surname, so I think it is alright!

你們說中文的人, ‘胡麗維’ 怎麽樣?Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment